2019 Mercury 4.2L (Tier 3) TDI 370
Call for Price
Smooth and Powerful
This Mercury Diesel engine sets a new benchmark for low noise and vibration.
- Clean, Quiet, Efficient: DI technology uses injectors to spray diesel fuel atomized at 26,000 psi directly into the main combustion chamber of each cylinder. This process optimizes fuel efficiency and minimizes emissions, along with engine Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) for an enjoyable boating experience.
- Lightweight: The TDI engine block is fabricated from Vermicular Graphite Casting (VGC), which has twice the strength of grey iron and most of its attributes, but is 5% to 10% lighter. The end result is low weight, high strength, and maximum heat transfer for optimum cooling. (TDI is a registered trademark of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft)
- Power & Performance: The low weight of these diesels results in best-in-class power-to-weight ratio. Combined with great low-end torque, the end result is crowd-pleasing hole shot, great acceleration, low planing times and ultra-smooth performance.
- Intuitive Design: Mercury® SmartCraft® compatibility is built into these engines, delivering key information about vital engine functions on an easy-to-read LED display. SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) offers smooth shifting, immediate throttle response and high-tech digital controls.
- Corrosion-Resistance: Mercury diesels feature state-of-the-art anti-corrosion, including a thermostatically controlled closed water-cooled system. Water-cooled engine oil, gear oil and steering fluid decrease engine-room temperatures, extending engine life. The SeaCore® system is available for the ultimate in saltwater protection.
- Power mhp / kW: 370 / 272
- Maximum RPM (WOT): 4200
- Engine type: V-8
- Displacement (L): 4.2
- Weight (engine only): 836 lb. / 379 kg
- Weight - Bravo One: 1067 lb. / 484 kg
- Weight - Bravo Two: 1082 lb. / 491 kg
- Weight - Bravo Three: 1093 lb. / 496 kg
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 47 x 33 x 33 in. / 1206 x 835 x 836 mm
- Bore and stroke: 3.27 x 3.74 in. / 83 x 95 mm
- Cooling system: Closed cooling
- Fuel consumption: 20.5 gph / 77.6 lph @ 4200
- Compatible drives: Bravo One, Bravo Three, Bravo Two
- Emission: BSO 2 RCD 2 IMO 2 EPA Tier 3
- Engine Type
- 370 hp (272 kW)
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.27 x 3.74 in. (83 x 95 mm)
- 4.2 L
- 47 in. (1206 mm)
- 33 in. (835 mm)
- 33 in. (836 mm)
- 836 lb. (379 kg)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 4200 rpm
- Closed cooling
- 3 Year Corrosion, 3 Year Limited